Escape Artist: Bali
September 14 to 20th, 2014
Join Jane Davenport for a week of nourishing, soulful, skill building on the
Island of the Gods amongst tropical butterflies.
The Escape Artist Retreat in 2014 will be our third in Bali.
Amazing art and friendships are sure to be made once again in secluded paradise.
The emphasis will be on mixed-media mermaids.
Can you imagine anything more delightful, soul-nourishing and relaxing
than a week of drawing, painting, collaging and creating gorgeous creatures from the deep?
If your skin is tingling then you need
to join me in Bali for this magic artventure…
We are million light years from the tourist strip, in a private, secluded,
safe clifftop villa that has a sunset show each evening unlike any other.
Once you are nestled into your comfy villa, we start the art as work with you
unleash your style, and develop your artistic voice over an art-filled week.
I combine lessons, demonstrations and free time to work on your own tangents.
Fun, food and fragrant flowers will surround us as we do so!
The occasional butterfly, manatee and monkey may cruise past us…
We will be exploring a banquet of different Journaling, drawing styles
and artistic methods you can use to express yourself in your art practice
from the very Parisian and ‘zen’ practice of ‘Carnet de Vacance’
to the excitement and chaos of Mixed Media.
Sunday: All you need do is arrive on Sunday in the Denpasar airport in Bali. You will be met as you enter the Customs Hall in Bali for a Fast Track through customs with your own assistant and they will escort you through to the area where our driver will be waiting.
On arrival at the Villas you can settle into your room and relax.
We will meet for dinner and some arty fun.
Monday: We start early with art and some fun activity to get our brains and blood moving.
Breakfast is around 9am to 10am – long, leisurely and late breakfasts are the way in Bali!
At 11 am we meet again for our first art session in the cliff pagoda. We don’t work at desks or easels. We lounge! It is most pleasant…
Lunch is at 1.30. We wander down to the beach for lunch and enjoy each others company, great food and can journal or chat.
At 3pm we meet again for our next creative session. We retreat to a cooler space.
Dinner is at 6pm. Either at our Villa, or at little cafe’s set up on the beach as we enjoy the sunset.
After Dinner you are welcome to convene at the pool for a very pleasant evening splash, or keep working. There is no formal session, but lots of art happening over laughing with kindred spirits and an Artini or two!
Tuesday: follows the pattern of Monday. An art-filled day.
Wednesday: This is your day to do with as you want. You are the master of your own destiny – but we are there to help you with plans and details.
Some choices are:
- A trip into the shops and trendy bars and cafes of Seminyak,
- Journey up to the cultural center of Ubud.
- Relax in our villa’s tropical garden’s with a massage and facial.
- Sleep, swim, sunbake and sip on smoothies.
- A Yoga session at the Temple.
- or create art at your own pace all day .
At sunset, you are invited to join me at Ulawatu for journaling in the SingleFin bar.
Thursday: follows the pattern of Monday. A creative day in paradise
Friday: follows the pattern of Monday. An art-filled day!
Saturday: Each Escape Artist will spend time with me in the Art Nest, discussing personal direction and feedback. Soul nurturing for us both!
You will be free to work on your projects, but I will give direction. On Saturday evening we have our delicious farewell dinner.
Sunday: pack and prepare to enter back into the real world.
The cost is $2600 and it includes just about everything from when you step off the airplane to getting back on it. Your workshop, meals and accommodation are delicious!
- 5 day workshop with Jane Davenport.
- Private session with Jane in the ‘Art Nest’.
- Accommodation for 7 nights
- Airport priority arrival service
- Airport shuttles/ car to and from our Villas.
- priority Fast Track through Bali Customs
- All Group and Villa meals and refreshments.
- Wifi access
- Indonesian customs fees ( entry and exit -aprox 35).
- Travel Insurance – you must organise this before you travel.
- Telephone calls (You can Skype or Facetime from the Villa though. We can help you get set up with a cheap local phone card chip to use while you are in Bali.)
- Spirits and Wine – consider Duty Free as you travel.
- Costs of a personal nature such as laundry, massages, private trips, tours etc.
- If you would like to arrive a day early to shake off jetlag and unwind, that can be organised.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
- The cost is $2600
- Direct deposit to avoid credit card and paypal surcharge of 4%
- $900 deposit to secure your place – refundable until June 30th.
- Cancellations after July 1st will result in forfeit of deposit.
- Balance due July 30th.
- Cancellations after July 3oth: We can offer no refunds after this date, however you may transfer your registration to someone else. We can not and do not differentiate between cancellation reasons, so we adopt a firm no-exceptions cancel policy across the board.
Due to the nature of our exquisite location, you will need to be of fair physical fitness and able to climb several sets of very steep and uneven steps to get down to the beach. We can take the stairs in a gracious fashion, but they really are steep. And you need never feel guilty for eating or drinking any special treats!
I can’t wait to have arty fun with you!