Gigi’s Journal

Gigi is a beloved Davenpeep! And when I saw this project on her Instagram feed I asked her to share it here for us as well!

Gigi’s Journal

Altered Jane Davenport Butterfly Journal project. from Gigi Willett Artist on Vimeo.

Starting with two Butterfly Journals. image1

Measure the length needed to expand to fit over your inserted notebook.

image3
Mark and cut canvas flaps.
image1-2

Stitch over existing seam and then make a second parallel stitch for reinforcement.
image2

Gesso panel edges.

image3-2

Gesso inside cover.

image4

Decorated with Mermaid Markers and stamps.
image5
Inside cover stamped with permanent ink and fairies sketched with Inkredible pen filled with Dye-Na-Flow.

Finished with Mermaid Markers. image7

Finished result and happy new home for my notebook.
image9     image10 image11

image8

Super fun project and I hope this inspires you to create something of your own.
xoxo Gigi

You can follow the lovely Gigi on Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/gigis.colorful.world/

xoxox

Jane

Recent Posts
Showing 10 comments
  • Marcella

What a great idea. Nice to share the how-2 on this. I like the regular size and smaller TN-type journals.

Have this one as shown and just love it…again, thanks for sharing.

• Gigi

• Chrissie

Absolutely lovely, thanks for sharing your gorgeous idea, Gigi! You have a lovely voice, I enjoyed your video, just beautiful! Love Jane’s line, just keeps on giving! <3

• Gigi

<3 thank you Chrissie! I hope you are as inspired as I have been by Jane to create fun things.

• lilbearbluz@me.com

what a great creative project of altering an already beautiful journal and keeping it’s integrity! smart and wonderful!

• Gigi

<3 thank you lilbearbluz

• Zandra

So, Cool, Gigi! Love your art work, too. :o)

• Gigi

Thank you so much Zandra! <3

• Gigi

Thank you Jane for featuring my project and video here on your blog! I am sooo happy with my canvas journal covers. Your mixed media range makes it so easy and accessible to jump in and create!! You inspire me Jane! Very excited for you and your new line of products. <3 <3 <3 xoxo Gigi

• Alexandra

That is fantastic!!! Thank you for sharing!!