All the ways to Butterfly a BUTTERFLY BOOK! – with James
So, I’ve been struggling to become a ‘planner’… No surprises there! But I still LOVE using the Butterfly Effect books, so I’ve been using it more as another art journal to play in. There’s something about starting a different sized journal that sparks new creative thinking, even though what I’m showing today is the most OBVIOUS thing to put in a butterfly book…
I’ll be the first to admit I don’t know much about butterflies (or bugs in general), but they’re a wonderfully easy way to add whimsy to your work! So I ran with that idea and came up with some fun and simple ways to use these winged beauties.
I’ve got a bunch of different butterfly-related ideas to spark your creative thinking
- Abstract watercolour ‘Monica the Monarch Butterfly’
- Swatch-er-flies and fun ways to incorporate them for planners and those who like to write
- Bianca the VERY VERY VERY hungry CAT-erpillar and lettering practice
- The Abstract Butterfly Museum, with wing tabs
- Geometric Thread Butterfly
- Decorating with wings
- Butterflies resting in the binding (my favourite and most simple trick!)
Enjoy the video and make sure to share what you liked, were inspired by and create yourself so I can enjoy your gorgeous work!