JDMM Shadow Box tutorial!

By
 In Davenparty

G’day friends!

This tutorial is just as straightforward as the mosaic one (but a little more fun I think!)

Shadow boxes are a great way to bring all of your practice in your art journals OFF the pages and into your home decor! I love the 3D element to them and you won’t believe how simple it was to create this one (Jane’s paper pad did 99% of the work!)

img_2878

I’ve used the JDMM paper pad, washi tape, mermaid markers and a pen, THAT’S ALL! Oh, and some yardstick, foam dots and tape… and scissors… But seriously, you will freak out at how easy this is!

Enjoy the video and, as always, share your beautiful creations with us! I’d love to see the magic you create with this project!

Stay Fabulous!

– James

😀

Recent Posts
Showing 9 comments
  • Samantha

Amazing James, I am definitely going to try this one.

• kidrocksavedmysoul

as always james you nailed it with this. i am always looking for things to do with my mom for our monthly craft session and more often then not we do something very james burke inspired. This will be junes project for sure!! thanks a ton.

• Charmaine

Thanks James. What a great project, and what a great way to display some of Jane’s art as well. This way we can all have unique “collaborations” combining our art with Jane’s awesomeness in your fabulous project! I love the DAVENPARTY!!!!!!!

• Sue

Love your work James! Great shadow box, I have never done one before or even used on before, but you have inspired me to give it a go! Thank you for sharing yet another great project~

• Mary

Oh my gosh!!!! James l adore you’re work! I love the fact that you give us alternative items to use, that is so helpful! I love this project and will have to give it a try for sure!!

• Diana Ramsey

A great idea! I like that it is simple but pretty, AND you make it look so easy…

• Nancy Pyter

You ROCK James! You’re projects are simply amazing!

• dragonlady

I’m new to Jane’s site so this is my first reply. I love the shadow box idea. My Michael’s had Jane’s paper pad quite a long time ago and it was an instant favorite. Problem is it’s SO pretty I haven’t been able to bring myself to cut it up or mark on it. That’s always been a problem with me – I’m a scrapbooker and a card and envelope maker – and I horde papers!! I don’t think I’m alone in this………this video gives me an idea where I can actually USE the paper and still see the beautiful lady. Thanks so much for the inspiration. I’ll look for more of your work.

• Penny

Super fun! Thanks for the inspiration, James.