Now you can try almost every color in our vast and innovative line!
Provided on Watercolor Paper, our 238 Watercolor Dot Chart includes the painting properties for every color with a paintable dot you can try out for yourself!
On the 238 “Try-It” Sheets, you will find 32 dots of PrimaTeks, 5 Mayan colors, 12 Quinacridone colors, and all 6 of our Cadmium Hues. There are 48 colors from our Luminescent collection; 20 Iridescent, 7 Interference, 19 Duochrome plus Pearlescent Shimmer and Pearlescent White. Plus, 135 of our Extra Fine Watercolors.
CREATE your Own Reference Book!
Developing an easy-to-use personal reference guide of your watercolors is always a good idea, and our 238 Try-It Color Sheet is a great way to get started!
- cut the 238 Try-It Color Sheet into individual reference tabs so that each of the 238 watercolor dots are on their own rectangle.
- Be sure to preserve the information (watercolor name, series number, sku number, and color information) printed on the paper for each color.
- Using sheets of watercolor paper or pages in a Watercolor Journal, staple each reference rectangle onto a page.
In our example, we used 8.5″ x 11 sheets and punched holes so that they could be inserted into a binder later.
- Dip your brush into water, then onto the watercolor dot on the stapled Reference rectangle.
- Take up the pigment and paint it out on your Reference Book page.
- Brush out the released pigment on the paper, experimenting with pigment density and transparency/granulation.
- You can then write in notes about the color, such as Tips and Tricks about Wet onto Wet/Dry Paper Techniques.
Create Mixing References too – combinations that you want to remember and use later.