Ink Mixing Bottles
These bottles are fantastic for making your own ink mixes!
To make your own ink you need:
- Pigment Powder; such as WMC Neons or Fairy Dust.
- Gum Arabic ; this is what will make the pigment ‘stick’ to the paper.
- Water; Distilled water ( the type you put in an iron) is chemical free
The process is simple:
- I use the Treasure Measure to add equal amounts of Gum Arabic Powder and Pigment to the bottle.
- I add water to the half way mark
- shake to mix
- test on paper and add more pigment if you want a stronger colour, or more water if you want the mix lighter!
Ways to use your new Ink:
- Make your own Mermaid Markers by filling InkBrushes!
- Add to PinPoint pens to make a fine pen!
- add to Butterfly Bottles to add drips and splashes!
- Add to Mister Bottle to make a spray – you may need to dilute your mix so it doesn’t clog the pump.
- Add to Finetip bottle to make scratchy line
- Use with a Glass dip pen
- Try in the INKredible fountain pen or FUNtain pens
- Create a palette with the Honeycomb Ink Wells!
- add a tiny drop of clove oil to your mix as an anti moulding agent
- add a Mixing ball to make it easier to agitate the ink
Watch the video!
What Jane says
Don’t forget to label your mixes!
Use the Swatch out stamp labels for instance:
Or get creative with WaShe tapes!
What you might like to know
make a collection of inks and keep them in lovely containers:
|Dimensions||8 × 5 × 5 cm|