Jane’s loose and free flowing techniques!
This workshop looks like an in-depth companion to my best-selling book , but what it really is is a celebration of you drawing with confidence and freedom!
Create colourful art featuring whimsical girls from top to toe!
My first job was as a Fashion Illustrator, and over the years I devised my own methods for drawing beautiful, in-proportion figures. We will start with the concepts in my book ‘Fabulous Figures’ and then develop them further.
As well as lessons that include specific drawing lessons for figures, we also have fun lessons on:
- Fanciful Hair
- Dancing Figures
- Flowing Folk Dress
- Girl Groups
- Adding movement
- creating shaded depth and dimension
I so want you to be part of this arty adventure!
These are the main topics in the workshop:
Folkloric traditions exists across all cultures around the world. Folklore treasures tradition and the heartbeat of people. Modern life has pushed it to one side and as artists, we are the poorer for that because it is full of nourishing inspiration and cultural appreciation for us to listen to, notice and draw from. This workshop looks at a rich and various vein in which we can celebrate color, movement, costume and glorious life!
The workshop’s foundations are the fun lessons from my best-selling book ‘Fabulous Figures’.
Taking the lessons in the book, we build them into our art and let our imaginations free. Each lesson comprises of multiple videos and elements to assist your artistic growth and creative confidence.
‘Folkloric’ isn’t an everyday word. What does it conjure up for you?
Synonyms include: allegorical, chimerical, created, fabled, fabricated, fabulous, fanciful, fantasy, fictitious, fictive, imaginary, invented, legendary, mythic, storied, traditional, unreal, visionary, and whimsical! PERFECT!
As with all my workshops, there is lifetime Access and a Private Facebook Group for you to share your work, ask questions and have some light social interaction with creative people all around the world.
‘I Heart Drawing’ my first figure drawing workshops, will be an confidence-growing advantage for you going into this new adventure, but it definitely isn’t a prerequisite.
A few more details…
I have created this class so you can take all the time you need and let the magic happen!
- The ‘Live’ sessions starts on May 21st and unfolds lesson by lesson over the following 4 weeks.After this all sessions for the Self-guided study classes are up when you arrive. This means there’s no waiting for projects to be posted and you can take the course at whatever pace works for you.
- You can revisit, rewatch, recharge and remind yourself of all the art supplies, all the drawing lessons, all the mixed media inspiration whenever you want.
- You need never feel embarrassed about not ‘clicking’ with a new skill straightaway. It’s a terrible feeling when you feel left behind, or that you dont ‘get it’ and everyone else does in a learning situation! But you will NEVER feel that way in my classroom because you can pause and rewind, and ask questions.
You have permission to:
- Make less than perfect drawings and share them anyway.
- Use whatever drawing tools you have access to.
- Work at your own pace. There is no time limit and you have unlimited access to the videos .
- Let go of the technical know-how and just draw.
- Have fun!
Let’s escape the crazy world and refocus energy on the beautiful things in life that are available to us right now. It’s time to reward yourself with creative confidence!
What do you get?
All of my lessons are video based. They are clear, fun and high quality! In the most general terms, I walk you through each teaching concept and then show various applications of it in action.
The techniques build one one another so that your skills progress in a structured way that allows for ease!
- If you have done my Supplies Me Workhop, this is the next step …you are ready for Folkloric!
- You are in safe hands!
What do you need?
- Gesso– Jane Davenport Gess-oh or Liquitex:
- Matte Medium– Liquitex and Jane Davenport Matte MediYum.
- A book or Journal to Alter: full details are in the classroom.
- A fast computer & high-speed internet service to process & watch the videos will be vital as well as enough technical know-how to navigate the site.
I am amazed at how far I have come in such a short amount of time. My favourite ones were to draw the lady’s walking the runway and learning how to twist the body with volume. Thanks Jane for all your great videos and the feedback you gave me.
Brilliant class!!! I have watched all the videos once and done some practice. Now going back and doing the lessons in detail. The amount of information in this class is incredible... and I can look at it forever! I could not draw a body before starting the class and now I am sketching them in meetings, during conference calls, whenever I have a moment. I cannot possibly say enough good things about the class and your teaching (and artistic) ability. You are an amazing artist, but also an absolutely incredible teacher. Your book, Miss Quoted and now this class have brought joy to my life!
I can not express the joy I have had taking your class. You are the first on-line class that I have taken that all I want to do is draw, draw, draw. You have held my attention through the whole course. The only thing that I want to do at this point is to take another class. I think I am going to sign up for the Beautiful Faces next! Thanks Jane, for being you.
Being able to draw a full person is creative confidence building at its finest.
The human figure is regarded as the hardest thing to draw, but with my tips and techniques and your joyful practice, you can master this.