Harness the power of
Do you have Rainbowitis?
The compulsion to collect and use art supplies. Symptoms of the acute form include arranging said supplies in rainbow formation!
In this 5-week online workshop you’ll discover which art materials work for you and how to use the ones you already have in new and exciting ways you may not have realised!
Learn more about the workshop
Do you ever walk into an art shop and feel overwhelmed by the options, intimidated by the ‘proper artists’ and lost on what to buy?
Supplies me is for you if:
- You’ve ever felt confused about how to use your tools and suspect you’re just scratching the surface on what you can create with them?
- you’ve bought a bunch of tools but can’t get them to do what you want. It feels a bit like trying to assemble something from IKEA without the instruction manual.
- You feel a bit ashamed of your art supplies graveyard – that place your art supplies go where you don’t get the results you want or just feel too confused about how to use them properly, so they sit, gathering dust and drying up.
- When new art supplies don’t work they way you expected, you immediately jump to the conclusion that you’re not good enough. You’ve seen someone else use them so well in a video. It’s similar to seeing someone else in a dress or an eye-shadow colour and you think “oh, that’s so beautiful.” and then when you see it on yourself it’s a different story.
Pens & Pencils
Supplies + The Techniques You need
As you are experimenting with your art supplies in different ways, you will also be learning:
You’ll have a range of ‘sketchercise’ homework tasks to complete over the 5 weeks. These include:
Let’s get started on the basic structure of the face! I want you to feel comfortable, relaxed and know that faces are fun to draw!
Shading is the next big step in drawing faces… and we are starting not with drawing heads at all but spheres!
This it is how I create deliciously smooth skin tones! If you’ve ever felt like you’ve ‘ruined’ your artwork by adding colour, you’ll love this sketchercise!
This sketchercise shows the great fun you can have with colour pencils on paint and blending with alcohol marker
The following Heart Principle© is my secret weapon. ..I am so very happy to share it with you, so you can instantly better your own drawing.
Let’s look at creating different skin tones with acrylic paint. Don’t forget that my methods heavily rely on you using a matte acrylic paint. Off we go!
Drawing the turned face is the start of a wonderful journey. You won’t get there without practice. I’ll show you this with pastels, but you can use whatever art supplies you fancy).
Get out your watercolour paints and have a play with them in your journal! Compare that to painting on watercolour paper if you have some. Learn just HOW much water your journal paper can take before it wrinkles.
Who is it for?
Who is it not suited for?
Who is it for?
Who is it not suited for?
How the Workshop is Delivered
- Lifetime Access
- Pause, rewind and review each lesson as often as you like.
- Private Community to meet with other artists!
- Log into a private area of the JD website to access your workshop!
All sessions for the Self-guided study classes are up when you arrive. This means there’s no waiting for projects to be posted and you can take the course at whatever pace works for you.
You can revisit, rewatch, recharge and remind yourself of all the art supplies, all the drawing lessons, all the mixed media inspiration whenever you want.
You need never feel embarrassed about not ‘clicking’ with a new skill straightaway. It’s a terrible feeling when you feel left behind, or that you dont ‘get it’ and everyone else does in a learning situation! But you will NEVER feel that way in my classroom because you can pause and rewind, and ask questions.
Full instructions are on the site if this is your first online class experience. You are in safe hands!
What you Get
Drawing along with Jane takes my art to a whole new place! This is from the colored pencil lesson, using Magic Wands. Thank you, Jane, for the videos showing your process. They are SO helpful.
I love Jane”s art supplies, they are so fun to work with and I’m learning so much! This is my first big face I’ve drawn! I love Her! I can’t believe I drew her, and painted her!
What a difference a few weeks makes … loved the burnishing with Prismacolor. Have never drawn a face before so my fear has now turned to fun. Thanks Jane.