Art Expo went by in a whirl of colour… I lost my ‘Peerless Palette’ (click here for awesomeness) in the Great House Move of 2012, so I had to make a new one. I took the opportunity to make a few refinements:
- bigger swatches
- my favourite colour repeated (turquoise).
- smaller swatches for least used colours ( blacks, muddy yellows)
- numbered and named the child swatches, and the mother swatch.
- added the 6 new colours .
- used more robust 640 gsm smooth watercolour paper.
- stuck down with the new Ranger Collage glue stick ( it actually works!).
All of this equalled delightful joy! And I want to go off travelling and sketching immediately…
The only dull moment ( colourwise, not excitement wise) was the huge Eastern Brown snake we saw cruising through the garden just before we left. Yes, I know, they are a beautiful part of nature, live and let live and all that… but I have 2 rather small and utterly beloved doglettes, so … can i just say: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!
Well, if you want the koalas, you have to put up with the snakes ( now, how aussie is that?!).
Have a snake- free day,