Ink Mixing Set | essential tools to make concocting colours easier
Here are some essentials for mixing and making your own inks.
As an optional extra, you can add pigment sets at a discount on this page 💕.
To make your own ink you need:
- Pigment Powder; such as WMC Neons or Fairy Dust.
- Gum Arabic ; this is what will make the pigment ‘stick’ to the paper.
- Water; Distilled water ( the type you put in an iron) is chemical free
The process is simple:
- I use the Treasure Measure to add equal amounts of Gum Arabic Powder and Pigment to the bottle.
- I add water to the half way mark
- shake to mix
- test on paper and add more pigment if you want a stronger colour, or more water if you want the mix lighter!
Ways to use your new Ink:
- Make your own Mermaid Markers by filling InkBrushes!
- Add to PinPoint pens to make a fine pen!
- add to Butterfly Bottles to add drips and splashes!
- Add to Mister Bottle to make a spray – you may need to dilute your mix so it doesn’t clog the pump.
- Add to Finetip bottle to make scratchy line
- Use with a Glass dip pen
- Try in the INKredible fountain pen or FUNtain pens
- Create a palette with the Honeycomb Ink Wells!
- add a tiny drop of clove oil to your mix as an anti moulding agent
- add a Mixing ball to make it easier to agitate the ink
Watch the video!
What Jane says
Don’t forget to label your mixes!
Or get creative with WaShe tapes!
What you might like to know
make a collection of inks and keep them in lovely containers:
|Dimensions||8 × 5 × 5 cm|
Add the WOW factor Neon Pigments - optional!
Set of 11 WMC Neon Pigments, Neon Finder UV light, extraWMC sticker sheet, Gum Arabic -small, Set of 12 Inkbrushes, Set of 12 DIY PinPoint markers, set of 12 Mister bottles, set of 12 Fine tip bottles, Set of 12 Butterfly Bottles, 12 white Honeycomb Inkwells, Take-A-Dip Butterfly glass pen, Pantastic Palette for watercolours
Gum Arabic | essential for making your own inks & watercolour!
Small 10z powder, Large 4oz Powder